Sunday, January 19, 2014

What type of items can I send to the deployed troops overseas this summer?

large ladies lunch bags on 1901 - Ostrich Ladies Large Bags - Buy Ladies Large Bags Product on ...
large ladies lunch bags image



nicewhtech


I know the temperatures in Iraq can reach well into the 100's F. What is safe to send and will not melt.


Answer
Bless your heart for supporting our troops! When my son was in Iraq I use to send care packages all the time, and it actually was a lot of fun and a challenge to see how much I could get into a Flat Rate box and still be able to close the top!

Here are some items that I sent and some that they suggested on the Marine Parents website based on the troops feedback:

Gum, Lifesavers, Mints (blister pack gum is best because of the intense heat)
Fruit: individual serving size cans of fruit, dried fruit
(Note: Plastic fruit cups with the plastic seal are not recommended as they can open in transit; individual-size cans are preferred.)
Nuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, trail mix
Power bars, protein bars, nutritional bars
Beef jerky, beef summer sausage (non-perishable; labeled USDA Beef)
Single-serving bags of snacks, crackers, chips, snack mixes
Pop Tarts, cereal bars, "milk & cereal" bars, granola bars
Ramen Noodles, Cup-O-Noodles serving cups
Ravioli and other canned ready-to-eat meals (canned or styrofoam single serving are best)
Tuna lunch kits (includes foil pouch of tuna, crackers, and condiments in each single-serving kit)
Canned sardines, smoked oysters
Torengos® nacho-style chips and canned nacho cheese dip
Jalepeno Velveeta® and crackers
Taco Bell® Sauce Packets
Seasoning salts, flavoring salts

Coffee, coffee mixes, tea
Hot cocoa mix
Lemonade mix, Koolade mix, Tang, Iced Tea mix
Gatorade mix (powdered only)
Crystal Light (or other brand) "On The Go" flavor packets
(these come in a box of several sleeves of flavoring that can be added to a 16-20 oz. water bottle)
Sugar and creamer packets for coffee

Not to mention many other requested items:

AA Batteries
Disposable cameras
White cotton socks (they would use a pair for several days to a week, and then toss them out!)
T-shirts
Deck of cards
Hand held games
Music CD's
Notebooks
Envelopes/Paper
Pens
Small inflatable travel pillows
(I know some moms that crammed a regular pillow into their care packages for their sons! I sent a small one to my son since they did not issue them to his unit while he was over there and they totally appreciate them!

The list can be endless! Just make sure that you don't send things like chocolate candy or fudge because of the extreme heat. One time I sent my son an Easter care package and even put a chocolate rabbit in it and several other bags of chocolate that my son loved, and he said most of it melted into one large chunk and the bunny totally looked deformed! I think I still sent some cookies/homebaked items but wrapped them carefully in several layers and then in a plastic container. Some ladies I know even freeze them before they send any cookies. My son wanted homemade cookies the most. :)

How do I appeal a violation notice on this new and "improved" site?




Pagan Prin


Question: What do you think these people do on their lunch hour?

Question Details: In the office where I work (it is a large, national company) every so often the branch manager and one of the ladies working there go out to lunch together. They spend about one hour and a half. When they return, the lady does not act or look the same as when she left. She acts kind of crazy, is disshelved, and is sweaty looking. Maybe I am naive, but in today's culture I wouldn't know if they are doing drugs or something else. They always bring back what looks like leftover food in plastic bags. I feel affected by this since I have to work there unless I look for another job. Could I please have your take on this? Thank you!!!

Deleted Answer: Why do you feel affected? Is job performance affected? Does it put any additional work load on you? What they do in their spare time is their business. Don't worry about it.

I clearly answered with :it's none of your businesss, don't worry about it. There were no instructions in the email on how to appeal. Can't just hit the "reply" button either.



Answer
Yahoo, in a never-ending effort to make it harder for us to appeal wrongful notices of violation, now makes you have to find the appeal form on your own. You can find the form here:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/answers/first_appeal.html

You're right, the asker wanted "your take on this" and that implies a subjective analysis of the situation, which you gave. It's not like asking "What is the capitol of Kansas?" where there's only one correct answer "Topeka." You're entitled and expected to give your personal opinion.

Do appeal. Maybe if enough of us appeal these frivolous notices of appeal, they'll improve the system some day!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of items can I send to the deployed troops overseas this summer?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment