Monday, February 17, 2014

Healthy kids lunches!?




kimberly M


I need healthy lunch box ideas for my 11 year old daughter. I have printed a bunch of ideas for wraps but those too will get boring over time. I would greatly appreciate any ideas!


Answer
well, my family is very into health and I run track, so I have been brown bagging it since kindergarten (although last year I started buying lunch which was awful)
My typical lunch is:
-organic multigrain roll with hummus, romaine lettuce, and tomato (carbohydrate, protein, vegetable)
-some sort of fruit: either apple, plum, peach, etc (whatever is in season)
-trailmix (just through together peanuts, raisins, dried fruit, almonds, or whatever: more protein)
-skim milk from the cafeteria (dairy/calcium)
I have been a vegetarian since the age of 4 (almost 10 years now) so no coldcuts for me, but turkey, chicken, tuna, or other meats can be a good source of protein. Be careful, because some cold cuts are full of fat and aren't good for you. You can also have cheese or pb+j (from healthfood section, brands like skippy or peter pan have hydrogenated vegetable oil, and a lot of jellies or jams are loaded with waaaaaaaay too much sugar)
try to stay away from or limit packaged foods or foods high in fat, sugar, or salt.
Also, have her keep a water bottle with her throughout the day, especially when it is hot. It doesn't take anything major to get you dehydrated.

there are lots of choices out there for a healthy lunch that will keep your energy up for the day, you just have to look to find them.

What was you favorite, lunch box as a kid?




Porcelain


was it the real deal (metal) or palstic ?


Answer
The brown paper bag, that fell apart, and my soda dropped out and expolded-kind. Good times....good times....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Healthy kids lunches!?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment