Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lunch Ideas please help?




Class of 0


My husband works full time and is away from home. He has a lunch break does anyone know what I could do for his lunch?


Answer
You did not say if he has access to a microwave or a refrigerator. I will assume he does. Sneaky trick is to freeze a juice box, and put it into a insulated lunch bag. It will be unthawed by lunch, and the food will be kept cool. Don't try this if lunch bag storage is out of doors. Most of the following can be done for a main dish, or as a side. Just the size of the portions change.

I love jello with fruit for a side for lunch. It is cool and refreshing, and a sneaky way to get a serving of fruit into a menu. Best one is raspberry jello with fruit cocktail, and some little marshmallows on top. Can put some banana in it if you wish. this goes with any main dish, and great with sandwiches.
Take a melon baller to some honeydew and cantaloupe and watermelon for a cool treat

My personal favorite is cottage cheese and peaches. Put a maraschino cherry on top for fun. I bring some fancy crackers and a dessert that packs well, like cookies.

Leftovers from the night before always work for me. I bought some divided plates, and a divided storage container with lids to take to work. Meat loaf always tastes better the next day. I put that, some potatoes and the veggie on the plate.

Make some apple salad, and chunk some chicken up into it thin mayo with some OJ for dressing, use apples, pineapple, grapes, raisins, celery, and put some pecans in a baggie to pour on top at lunch time.
Or same thing with a green salad. Caesar is wonderful with chicken. I put the salad together, put the croutons in a baggie, and the dressing in a small lidded container put right in the center of the salad.

Celery stuffed with peanut butter or pimento cheese. Carrot sticks with some ranch dressing.

Any sandwich. I bought a storage container the shape of bread, I just put in a couple slices in a baggie, and put my chicken or tuna salad in a bowl, then make the sandwich at lunch. No soggy bread that way! Try turkey on wheat, or a homemade deli meat sub. Pastrami on rye with russian or thousand island dressing.

Deviled eggs. squish two halves together, wrap them tight in plastic wrap and tie with a twist.

In the winter time, thick stews and soups and chili in a wide mouth thermos. Put the crackers in a baggie in a storage container

Put a small paring knife wrapped in foil in a storage box, buy some caramel or fluffy fruit dip, and let him cut up the apple and dip it. Peanut butter works good too.

For dessert, brownies travel well. I used to freeze individual slices of baked cheesecake, and slide it into a box, by the time I ate it for lunch, it was unthawed. Leaving it frozen on the way to work meant it was whole when I ate it for lunch.

Brown Bag Lunch Ideas?




Puppies


Hi!
I bring brown bag lunches to school almost everyday, the school lunches are disgusting ,the chicken bounces. I'm getting bored of sandwiches and chips, I've tried to mix them up (different meat, cheese, and bread) but they get boring after a month or so. I don't have access to a microwave or a refrigerator. So what do you bring? What do you think would be different and yummy lunch (preferably not sandwiches)? I don't eat very big lunches so nothing huge please, and it can't be hard to make (like steak or something)!

Thank You!

PS No peanuts or nuts please I hate them



Answer
First - get an insulated lunch bag and one of those ice pack things.

I would bring many different things in my lunch bag. They sell individual packs of hummus with pretzel chips in the deli section - it is really good and fills you up too. If you haven't tried it, just try it once. Sometimes I would pack a pickle in a sandwich baggie or even olives in one of the small containers. Those are just snacks to accompany a sandwich. I know sandwiches are boring, but if you bring different things to go along with them, it isn't so bad.

Have you tried....peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Veggie sandwiches? different spreads on your sandwiches? Using a bagel instead of bread? Different types of bread - try rye or pumpernickel for something different. Try looking up some recipes on www.recipezaar.com.

Also - supposedly if you freeze your bread and in the morning make your sandwich on two slices of frozen bread, it will help keep your lunch cool and will prevent your sandwich from become soggy if you put stuff like mayo on it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Lunch Ideas please help?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment