Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cheap lunch box food ideas?




4 due in S


I have 2 kids in elementary school. they are complaining that their breakfast and lunch at school is either gross or cold by the time they get through the line and get to sit down and eat.

I am thinking I am paying $33.50 a week for crap at school so taking their lunch might be a better idea.

what are some ideas for the main meal in their lunch box?

i know i can get a cold bottle and put juice or milk in ot and freeze it and give them fresh fruit or yogurt but what other things can you put in lunch boxes. Im scared of putting cold or hot foods that will not stay cold or hot.



Answer
I think the cheapest way to do things is not buy prepackaged.
I send bagels with cream cheese from home for lunch ( you could for breakfast)
Pre toasted waffle cut in half with PB-- Or Cereal in a bag
Buy a large bag of pretzels and put them in the bags themselves. Or cookies, or crackers or
I buy Go-gurts and freeze them and they are thawed by lunch.
I bought a freezer back ($1) at walmart to keep sandwiches cold.
I send them water bottles with ice cubes and they are cold all day.
I never really got into thermos but I have friends that send Mac and cheese in them or ramen noodles.
Cut up apples and toss with cinn and sugar so they don't look brown by lunch

How can i keep food warm until lunch time in school?




KEN


is there a special container that keeps the temperature of the food?


Answer
a hot/cold bag...(im not trying to be smart) that's really the name of it!! its designed to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold, you should look into it, they come in different sizes...hope i helped




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Cheap lunch box food ideas?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment