Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'm feeling nervous about my 7 hour flight tomorrow?




not specif


I wasn't worried about the flight until today. I'm flying from Toronto (Pearson intl) to amsterdam (schiphol) and I'm not to sure what this feeling is lol I'm not to sure if its because I just ate a lot of food for lunch or if its because I'm anxious or nervous about the flight. I'm not scared of heights and I'm not worried about a plane crash because I know that basically never happens. How do I ease this tension I've suddenly come upon?

Thanks for the help!



Answer
I can answer this one! I just had an 18 hr flight with layover from US to Montreal to England and 15 hrs back from Italy to Germany to Montreal to US. Don't worry about the food. I ate a lot and
I was fine. I assume your flying Air Canada? They have complementary puke bags if you need them in the pocket in front of you. If you do need to puke I say get it over with asap so that the rest of the time you'll be fine. My flight was really smooth though and only a pregnant women had any trouble. Also Air Canada has these telescreens you can watch movies on so just plug in and forget your on the plane. Falling asleep helps to. If the turbulence scares you just grab the arm rest and grit your teeth. Don't worry, you'll do fine :)

do you think it's silly to alter your diet a lot just because you're pregnant?




Ember Halo


like, avoid lunch meats, hot dogs, tuna, certain cheeses, have your eggs well cooked (as opposed to over easy), don't eat raw cookie dough or brownie batter, etc etc etc etc....
i understand the big ones--no alcohol, limit caffeine, eat healthy, but are *all* the restrictions REALLY necessary???
i've been following all the restrictions, myself. it came up between me & my MIL & she thought they were absolutely ridiculous....
(but i have been craving some of those things... so hard to resist!!!)
also, this question has come up from my husband & frineds, because there've been times when i can't [won't] eat, because the food available wasn't allowed. (burgers that weren't well done, hot dogs, Subway sandwiches, etc)...
and i HAVE made the sacrifice, btw. i'm not complaining, just wondering what everyone else thought. thanks :)
hey, now, i don't think it's silly. everyone's calling ME silly for taking these precautions.



Answer
Well alcohol and caffeine are drugs, so that's obvious right there *lol*.

Fish high in mercury -well that's iffy. Really none of use should eat foods high in mercury.

But the rest of it I agree with you. Yes Listeria is only really a risk if you are pregnant, but the risks are so small. Something like 500 cases per year and that isn't just pregnant women, and something like 5 million women give birth each year (US stats). Also Listeria is found in soil and water. I went nuts worrying about Listeria for awhile and when I found that out I just gave up.

As for the eggs pshaw! If you haven't gotten salmonella in the last couple of decades of eating your eggs over-easy/raw cookie dough, do you really think you're going to in the next 9 months?! I worked in a food testing lab (not taste testing, testing for disease) and there was basically never any contaminated eggs, the farms are carefully controlled. Not to mention salmonella may make mom sick, but as far as I know it doesn't cross the placenta. Same with e.coli and trichinosis.

And while we're on it you know what I don't eat? Bagged salad. Because of a) the chemicals on it and b) they keep getting contaminated. And you know what just got recalled AGAIN? Bagged salad.
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/Food-Poisoning/news/20070918/e-coli-risk-spurs-dole-salad-recall?ecd=wnl_nal_091807

And sushi, pshaw like 5 people a year in the US get parasites from sushi each year, and trust me parasites don't leave your digestive tract let alone cross the placenta. Actually most sushi in the US is flash frozen to kill parasites even though this effects the flavour and texture. This practice is not as common where I live (Canada), they tried to make it the law but had to repeal it after all the outcry.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm feeling nervous about my 7 hour flight tomorrow?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment