Saturday, August 31, 2013

what should a track runner eat everyday to have energy to run 5 miles everyday?

lunch bags for athletes on girls school bags-star print rolling backpack
lunch bags for athletes image
Q. ok like i am in track...but everyday we have to run 5 miles, but i can burly make it. so i want to know what i can eat to boost my energy and stamina and endurance.


Answer
I did a presentation on this for FCCLA last year and went to state. It was called Eating to Enhance Energy. I am also a cross country runner, basketball player, and track runner. I have proved that these have worked.

First up is muscle energy, Reloading on food is like reloading your muscles because you are giving them strength and endurance for the next day of training or for the next workout. I ate a granola bar before every practice and after practice. Glycogen is in your muscles. It is a storage form of glucose. When Glycogen is low, muscles canât perform their best. Athletics can double the amount of glycogen your muscles can hold. It is common to have poor muscle glycogen recovery in athletes that donât eat enough calories to support their level of activity and in athletes taking steps at the wrong time to control weight. Carbs are really good for runners. We always ate spaghetti for lunch on meet day for cross country. Pasta is loaded with carbs.

Next is Hydration/fluids, water is the single most important nutrient for the body. It promotes health, safety and performance. Drink Cool fluids in large enough containers that allow adequate volumes to be ingested with ease. Cool water is best for activity lasting less than one hour. Cold water (40 degrees F) is absorbed faster.You should weigh yourself before and after exercise. Drink two 8 ounce cups of water for every pound lost during exercise. Sweat must evaporate from your body to remove heat that your muscles produce during exercise. If you are dehydrated, your body has to use the water content of your blood. Blood volume can get so low that itâs dangerous, just to produce sweat to prevent your body from overheating. Dehydration reduces the ability to sustain exercise for longer than a minute or two. So if you are dehydrated you can forget about endurance.

When to eat, Eating before practice gives you energy to burn during practice. After practice your muscles are ready to replace muscle glycogen. It is important to fuel your muscles because it fuels your performance.You donât have to eat nasty food that you think is the only healthy food out there. Make it fun and enjoyable. Include your favorite fruits, juices, cereals or breads before practice, right after practice or on the bus, in your gym bag or backpack. High-carbohydrate and Moderate-protein ensure more glycogen recovery and more energy. Eat breakfast, eat lunch, eat before practice, and eat after practice. It might seem like a lot but you will see a difference with your performance. Eating breakfast i found out also helps you stay awake in those early mornings.

How do I get my Son to stop eating?




Paris


My 9 year old son never stops eating!! Whenever we have dinner after I leave to pick my daughter up from soccer or the other from dance etc. he'll take a double or quadrouple portion!! When I'm up in my room he will go downstairs and eat out of the snack drawer or make himself a full meal after hes already eaten.I have tried everything! Making the snacks in the snack drawer healthier, packing him a healthier lunch! But when he gets to school he buys bags of chips at the cafeteria. I've put him in sports, it doesn't help he's too lazy; he's very into video games. Help? How do I get him to stop eating, I'm busy and im a bit of a chauffer(my 3 daughters are athletes; all star cheer, soccer, and competitive dance) so I cant aqlways yell at him to "stop eating!!!" How do I get him to stop while I am not around?


Answer
Let him smoke some weed, give him the munchies.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what should a track runner eat everyday to have energy to run 5 miles everyday?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment