Tuesday, August 27, 2013

what can i eat at school? (gluten allergy, no cafeteria)?

insulated lunch bags organic on Lunch Bag Skull
insulated lunch bags organic image



standshort


so i go to school every day from 7:30 to 4, i always eat a good breakfast, eggs, but after that its really difficult. there is a cafeteria but not only would i like to support the protest against the cafeteria for war profiteering and food that regularly causes food poisoning (made me sick twice along with more the 600 other people) but even after that its still 6$ for a tiny burger or 9$ for burger and fries. there is a pizza place across the road with cheap slices but its greasy, fatty (delicious) pizza. what i have been doing is taking cans of V8 and those chocolate cover granola bars but its not much of a lunch. and its doing horrible things to my skin cause of the fat, sugar and my gluten allergy.

the cafeteria is over priced
the pizza place is pizza (fat, gluten)
the granola bars are basically candy...

also im a student (collage = i have no money) so nothign that requires a special organic grocer near by
and i can do some prep but i still need to spend most of my time studying or working


and im hungry



Answer
Get an insulated lunch bag or a back pack that you can put a small ice pack in or a baggie of ice and buy sliced cheese and turkey. I personally like swiss and havarti and turkey and then eat them folded in two. You could also have ham or roast beef. The cheese would help with hunger and the meats would provide protein.

How Can A 13 Year Old Girl Eat Healthier?




Olivia


I play on a travel softball team and I have practices on Tues, Thurs, Sat, and sometimes games on Sunday, as well as an hour long personal lesson on mondays. Clearly, I am out a LOT. Recently though, my eating habits have sunk down. I am a picky eater and I have a whole mouth of sweet teeth. My mom made the decision that I need to eat healthier and I agree with her. I need anything that will help (food, habits, motivation, etc) as well as an app to help me. (for iPhone). Thanks!


Answer
-Fruit of any kind is great on the go
-real kernel (not microwave) popcorn is great too. Just pop some in a pot with a loose lid, add a little salt, butter or shredded cheese and you have a delicious and nutritious snack! Just put some in a zip-lock bag and you're good to go.
-pretzels
-granola
-granola bars
-organic beef, buffalo, or turkey jerky for protien
-crackers with some peanut butter

If you don't already have an insulated lunch box that would be a great investment, then you have a much broader option of things you can bring along such as:
-carrot sticks with a little container of ranch for dipping
-hard boiled or even deviled eggs
-some fruit yogurt
-a meat and cheese sandwich, this can be made healthier by adding veggies such as lettuce, tomato, onions or peppers
- a pb&j sandwich
-some berries

always make sure you bring along BOTH protein and carbs. Both are needed, especially for you being so athletic.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what can i eat at school? (gluten allergy, no cafeteria)?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment