Wednesday, August 28, 2013

In these difficult financial times, what do you do to economise?

lunch bags for women ebay on Lunch Box SET Mens/womens BENTO box w/Bag LOCKnLOCK NEW | eBay
lunch bags for women ebay image



Ms_S


Hello all! I was watching on Oprah the other day out this woman who was the main bread winner in her household who lost her job and now they were struggling. She said she now doesnt eat breakfast or lunch because she thinks that it is one less sandwhich for her kids, and that they are struggling to keep their house, and struggling to clothe their kids. But I saw her driving a car in her little video, and she opened her closet and shows the audience all her old corporate clothes and shoes and said she misses them.
I mean I understand about the house because starting over somewhere else might be worse and not wanting to uproot the kids etc. But for me, if it was getting to the stage where I was worried about feeding and clothing my kids then I'd be selling the car and ebaying those coporate suits! There is a difference between economising to pay for say a holiday...and going without takeout and clipping coupons and economising to be able to survive.
I am economising a lot at the moment because we have just had our second baby and my husband has just had to stop his second job. I'm not working at the moment, and our new house won't be ready yet for a while so we are paying rent, mortgage and my husband has lost his second salary.
I use each tea-bag twice. I save meat (which is expensive here) for weekends and during the week we eat vegetarian (incl fish), and we eat lentil soup alot which is dirt cheap and has lots of iron and protein for my little girl. I gladly accept hand me down clothes from friends, relatives and neighbours for my girl, and I make do with what I have. I always ebay, always look for sales. etc etc. I even give my girl a toastie for recess at her preschool because its atleast half the price of a yoghurt which if she eats at home, atleast I know that if she doesnt eat all of it I can put it in the fridge for later.

Anyway, if it was down to not eating, I'd be selling my car, eating soups, selling any jewelery and electrical appliances, ebaying any personal items salvagable and not needed. My husband's family was very poor when he was a young child, his mother had to sell her wedding rings and his baptism cross!
Liam- what the *** is your problem. Did I say that I felt hard done by? Did I say that I was angry with my position in the world and that I wish I had minks and caviar? I am ecstatic that I am able to afford a house, and we are economising and doing every damnn thing we can to get it! Owning my own house is a dream.
And yes you w*nker I have been to India and rural China and volunteered at local hospitals with a charity organisation. Which opened my eyes and changed my foolish teenage dream of wanting to be like the girls in sex in the city, to simply wanting to own my own house out right and provide a stable life for my girls.
YOU sir, are a class A A**HOLE
Everyone seems to have missed the point of the question. Only Tropical One answered properly. Why is everyone attacking me! By the way I am not in the US and I am not American! Trust me, even in the financial crisis you guys have got it better than most of the world. I live in Greece where I dont know the offical figures but probably atleast a quarter is below the poverty line. Before I had children I used to work a 10hr day, 7days a week for 30 euros a day with no insurance, and you dont get breaks here, you get a five minute sandwich time, if there arent any customers. And the government is half corrupt.

Simple bloody question. is it that hard to answer without judging!!??



Answer
I travel only out of necessity..
Buy cheaper food & we eat out very seldom
Cut back on lights & electricity as much as possible.
Minimum living is what is happening at our home & we live on SS and that is it.. or better said, we get by..

P

weirdest dream ever, what the heck?




Mady


well first today (i had this dreambefore 6:05 am (cause i woke up at that time)), i had a dream that we were having a test at my school. we were in my class and i forgot one of my books, so i borrowed one i think, or i found it, but without the words. so then we went to lunch. they kept asking me if i wanted cherries or apple. cherries for peat sake. my teacher and the lady who was at the caffeteria asked me. i came out with my lunch and i sat next to my random friend isabela, and my other friend, was on the other table, so we decided to sit next to her. we got up, and then ...lunch was over. i wanted atleast to take a bite of my cherries, but when i took one out of the bag, there was an apple shaped green one (apple), but i bited it anyway and then we all went to the restroom. the restroom changed and it was comfusing for both guys and girls which was which but we found it after a while. the guys shouter out something at the girls, and then my random friend sammi, shouted back at them in quote "oh look,I STEPPED IN YOUR(maybe MY) PEE!". then i woke up, and looked at the clock, then went back to sleep. now i had a dream that i was in a movie (probable glee), and we were like you know, making it. first off, i was 2/3 characters in it. one is a cute girl that has brown hair, and lives in a house in the wall, with a small door. the next one is MIRANDA COSGROVE!!! no i'm just kidding it really is SUE SYLVESTER~!!! the third one is also her, but in a different version. a crazy astronaut. first of all there is a guy whith white hair, talking with the group while they are filming (i hope and think). a girl comes in and everyone is in their seats. a man was telling his wife not to do so,ething bu tshe did it anyway. whe got up and was like the background of the woman as she danced. when it was over the guy with white hair went into the brown haired girl's house, and then she got mad at him for some reason and kicked him out. then he was thinking about ice colored hair. HE ALREADY HAS WHITE HAIR! so then we were filming, (i was sue in this one) i was teaching 2 kids how to hang on to 1 ball and not drown or something. so we were floating and holding the ball and then hit our backs against ther wall i think. after that we were in one that everyone was discussing something and then sue as an astronaut came into the room. you could see her face through the hat. she was licking the glass and going lselerlrlrlrlrlrllrlrlrregllleaaaubblblblblnrnnrnrn :P. it was random and awsomly funny. then we all were in a car, driving to somewhere. i was talking to the director. hey did you see that spike in that tree? andthen he said which one. and i said the black one. and then he told me thats not what it was called and it was called ..... (i don't remember). then we were on the floor of the studio playing a game. a girl came in and played too. then she looked up and asked the director what he has done, dramaticly, but randomly.. . then she shouted out to a chubby boy, in quote "TACO BOY!!!!!" then she hold onto her character, and a guy moved it for her while she played dramatic. i was not sure that was on camera. then she was on the second "end". then i woke up :/ so here's my questions
1. what do you think of this?
2. what does it mean?
3. have you ever had a weirder dream? if so write it down there.



Answer
I love a bargain as much as anyone and I used to love all the cheap stuff I could find on eBay, but nowadays it seems so hard to find anything cheap over there and just when we're all finding it tougher to just pay our bills. I don't give up so I was looking for someplace online where I could still find myself a bargain... and by accident I came across this site I never heard of before where you get rock bottom prices from police impounded stuff, I mean I was worried about scams but this stuff is actually real and I got some real cheap stuff there... it's become my new eBay lol! Go to WinItems.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: In these difficult financial times, what do you do to economise?
Rating: 97% based on 9832 ratings. 4,6 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment